In practical terms, all of us are at work. We can never rest. We don’t want to as resting is boring. Working is interesting, but it tortures our backs, troubles our muscles, attacks our hearts and makes us obese. It is really important to take care of ourselves.
Nearly over thousands of deaths are caused only due to work health issues. It is indeed important to love ourselves. Unhealthy habits reduce the chances of living, gives rise to predicaments as a result of which a huge amount of money gets drained. It is now time to think about yourself and get back in shape in every sense of the term. This article tries to find some permanent solutions to maintain quite a good distance from such adversities.
Learning the Science of Predicaments or Physical Ailments
Modern science harps on the fact that the human kind lives in a darkness which in simple terms means ignorance. Ailments persisted since the days of genesis, but people were just not aware of them. Tuberculosis had no cure in the primordial times. It assured death, but today, tuberculosis is similar to catching a cold.
These ailments, however, are on a macro-level which overshadow problems like back-pain as trivial. Needless to mention, that our unhealthy lifestyles are culpable for causing ailments to us. We cannot really control the pollution in the environment single-handedly, nor can we revolutionize cleanliness in a day. However, we are able to regulate certain things which affect us i.e., they poison us slowly. There are easy tips to help your back.
Minding Health while at Work
We cannot really afford breaks, going by the nature of work these days. Shifts are standardised from nine to five, but there are shifts all throughout the day. Work also includes household chores or any kind of mobility. The problem with the post-modern times is that capitalism has been so ingrained in us that we tend to forget ourselves.
Another reason also is that we are so much driven by sentiments that we spend our entire lives earning for our family. In recent days, luxury is the new necessity, and necessity means demands that lead to strenuous work to earn more and thus occurs the emergence of physical plights. In philosophical terms, everything is futile without health.
- Avoid the consumption of junk foods during breaks or when hungry. Eating deep fried after hours can lead to the formation of an ulcer. Prefer having fruits or low-calorie biscuits.
- One should consider cutting back on beverages as they are fattening which can lead to obesity as junks do. Obesity happens to be a serious problem in the world.
- Avoid sitting for long hours. Sedentary habits could be dire. Take a stroll in every hour for ten minutes.
- Work out on a daily basis as it boosts the function of the brain and improves muscle strength. Yoga is very effective as it improves concentration and calms the body.
- In case you are prone to back-pains which is a common problem of people who sit in front of computers for long hours or people who are engaged in household chores, consider using pillows and undergoing massage sessions.
- Work only for the number of hours your body permits to.
- Get a comfortable chair for yourself where the back and shoulders will not be strained.
- Consumption of coffee is a tendency amongst businessmen, especially to deter sleep. It is not a healthy habit in fact as caffeine is a threat to the liver. It’s true that it keeps sleep away, but the entire idea is unhealthy.
- Taking breaks is necessary. The duration of breaks might be short but are necessary.
- Consume as much water as possible. It helps to keep sleep away and refreshes the mind. It also drains out toxins from the body in the form of sweat and excretion. It enhances the skin tone as well.
- Take short siestas in between. Taking short naps in between work can be healthy. It invigorates your mind and helps you to think well.
- Keep changing postures while sleeping. Better not to continue sleeping in a prostrate position. There are various other tips to help your back while you are asleep as well as awake, and treatments for each one of them are different.
It can be inferred that work-related health problems are nothing frightful but common issues which could be fought with the right and safety measures. Unfortunately, the measures mentioned above are known to most of us, to be precise, to most of us, but we fail to adopt them.
According to a motivation guru named Robin Sharma, it takes us around four weeks to install any habit in us and nearly sixty days to get accustomed to it. Many give up after fifteen days or so. Here comes the role of self-will.
We should be trained to adapt all of these measures and stick to them. We should choose and follow our fitness role models and motivate ourselves and finally implement our motivation. It is us who can save ourselves from being subjected to catastrophic ends.