As good and as experienced your legal firm can be, it can still be hard to earn the trust of your clients if you’re not active on social media. Some of the most successful legal firms even dedicate big marketing budgets for their social media marketing campaigns because they know it is one of the best ways to expand their reach presence and influence. But what if your legal firm has just started out and you don’t have the finances yet to invest in social media marketing strategies and tools used by other firms?
Lucky for you, it is possible to improve the ranking of your legal firm through social media on your own and without spending too much. Here are some of them.
1. Use long-tail keywords
A long-tail keyword is a keyword phrase that usually contains at least 2-3 words that can be used to target a specific type of audience. Most web users nowadays are using long-tail keywords to find information on the web.
For example, the long-tail keyword “lawyer in Clearwater, FL” provides more detailed information to the search engines which in turn produces more accurate results rather than using the keyword “lawyer” alone.
It’s not that hard to find long-tail keywords you can use to include in your website’s contents.
- Type a keyword to search in Google, for instance, “lawyer.” Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you’ll see the related searches. You can use those as long-tail keywords for your contents.
- You may also use online suggestion tools or forum topics to find phrases that you can use as long-tail keywords.
- You can also look for long-tail keywords from your website’s analytics data and webmasters’ search console. You can see the most common keywords used by your visitors to search for your website in Google there.
Once you found long-tail keywords, be sure to use them every time you create new contents. You can also add them to all your existing contents as well so all your web pages will have the potential to rank high when these keywords are used.
2. Create more video content to share on social media
Even though your firm is really not a video creator, you still have to double down in creating videos to share on social media. Search engines such as Google and Bing like videos. In fact, they include videos in the top results. So if you want your legal firm’s website to rank high on these search engines, you have to create high-quality and interesting videos.
If you share your videos on social media, it will create empathy. Empathy is what will increase your social media engagement, and the higher engagement you can get the more it can boost your legal firm’s search rankings.
Be sure to remember the guide below and on how to create videos that can increase your social media engagement.
- Use keywords in the title and tags of your videos.
- Write a 150-300 word summary or description of the video.
- Always embed your videos into your legal firm’s webpage with the same topic or content.
- Create and share videos on social media that are related to your expertise or field.
3. Write high-quality blog posts
Writing high-quality blog posts not only helps you tell a story to your clients or present a case study to them. They also provide an excellent way for you to share and repurpose your video contents on social media. Embedding related videos to your blog posts can help boost the rankings of your video and blog post, and ultimately your legal firm’s ranking.
- Be sure to create high-quality blog posts that are optimized for search rankings. Your blog posts should always include targeted keywords in your title, meta description, and the body of your written piece.
- The same as with videos, Google likes to put blog posts high in the search rankings if you use keywords in your content.
4. Always share your content on social media
Don’t forget to share all your legal firm’s content on social media too. Sharing your videos, blog posts and other types of content on social media can boost your rankings significantly. If you share your content on social media, it will increase the online exposure of your legal firm and create a buzz around you. You can choose as many social media sites to share your content as you like, but one of the most important social media sites you mustn’t miss is Facebook.
- With over 2.2 billion monthly active users, it’s important to share your content on Facebook if you want to see an increase in your engagement and online exposure.
- You can also use the paid Facebook Ads services to help you with your legal firm’s marketing efforts.
Your legal firm should become an authority if you want it to earn more clients. It should not only be known locally but online as well. If you use the tips mentioned above, everyone will start to see your legal firm as a go-to source of legit legal information. Everyone will know about your legal firm because everybody is talking about you on social media and this will reflect on your client transactions as well. If your legal firm specializes in auto accidents, then your followers and clients will see you as a go-to provider of legal services related to auto accidents and such. You’ll see a significant increase in your legal firm’s client transactions once you successfully increase the ranking of your website. Start working on your legal firm’s rankings now and follow the social media tips above to help expand your online presence, reputation, and influence in this digital world.
About the author: Dianna Charles is a promising young law enthusiast that hopes to bring her youthful spirit in her field. She tries to add a refreshing modern take to topics on the legal world that people can learn from and shares them through her works. Dianna enjoys her free time with friends and family, and loves to cook for them.