Social media provides an inexpensive way to market your home business to your potential and existing customers. It can help you save money by transitioning your local marketing efforts to your online presence.
Creating a social media account is free, which you can then use it to boost your home business’s online presence. You have to learn how to market your home business on social media effectively though. Here’s how you can use social media to market your home business and help you reach out to your current and potential customers.
You can use Twitter to tweet interesting facts about your home business.
- Tweet about the products and services that your home business offers to your clients. Be sure to include a link that leads to your products or services on your site in your tweets.
- You can also share tweets on how to use your services or products on Twitter.
- You may also follow your customers, competitors, journalists, industry experts, analysts, and other Twitter celebrities that have a big significant influence on your type of business.
- You can also use promoted tweets and Twitter cards to promote your products or services on Twitter to other users.
- You can also gain more visibility on Twitter and across all social networking sites by tweeting pictures and videos of your products and services to your followers.
Facebook gives you the chance to market your home business to its billions of users for free.
- Facebook allows you to set up a business page for your home business. You can then use this page to reach out to your existing and potential customers.
- You can post anything you like on your Facebook business page. But to market your home business, your posts must be related to your business. You also have to ensure the originality of your posts because it might lead to business litigation. As a startup home business, you don’t really want to face the legal aspects of a litigation right now as it might hurt your image and reputation that you are still trying to build up.
- You can even try to post special offers on your business page on a monthly basis and encourage all your followers to join in the event.
- You can get feedback from your customers by asking them what they think about your products or services.
- You can also ask your customers to share pictures of them using your products or services.
There are numerous ways to be engaged with your existing and potential customers on Facebook. All in all, Facebook can help you in increasing your engagement in your social media sites and gives you an opportunity to expand the reach and influence of your home business.
Joining LinkedIn to market your home business can help you expand your reach and influence, find new clients or customers, and establish a professional image and reputation for you and your business.
- Create your own profile on LinkedIn and add links to your home business’ website.
- You’ll want to update your LinkedIn profile with your website links, books or articles that interest you, product reviews, or any information that you want to share with your followers in the network.
- Participate in LinkedIn groups that are popular with your target audience.
- Be sure to post questions or comments that are related to your products or services in LinkedIn frequently.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your customers and your competitors in LinkedIn to provide a recommendation for your business.
- You may want to add interesting contents to your LinkedIn profile such as brochures, PowerPoint presentations, PDFs, and videos to your followers in the network.
Perhaps the most important reason why you’ll want to use Pinterest is that it allows you to share pictures of your products easily with other users.
- Create a Pinterest profile for your home business and set up one or more Pinterest boards with product interests or themes related to your business.
- Don’t forget to add the Pin It in all of your home business’ web pages so that your visitors can pin or post your product images to Pinterest.
- When you pin your product images to your board in Pinterest, always include a short text description to give additional information and interest to your followers in the network.
- You can also try to pin your product videos on your boards. This can really help you generate a lot of views on your videos and shares as well.
YouTube is only second to Facebook when it comes to monthly active users. With over 1.5 billion people using YouTube every month, it’ll be easy for you to market your products and services on this video-sharing website. Even the most successful business and companies still use YouTube to help expand their reach and influence.
- Create your own channel for your home business on YouTube. You can then add interesting and useful videos to your channel to reach your target audience.
- YouTube allows you to encourage your target audience to view, like, and share your videos with other users.
- Post new videos to your channel at least once a week. You can have a video of yourself giving tips to your customers on how to use your products.
Social media marketing, if done properly, can provide a lot of benefits to your home business. No matter what type of business or industry your home business is into, you should always use social media to promote it. Whether you provide products or services, you must advertise them on social media sites if you want to earn more clients and customers.
About the author: Timothy Garret is a budding law writer who enjoys reading about the current happenings in the legal field. He’s currently applying his law knowledge into his works, which he hopes can be beneficial to his readers. He spends time with his friends and swimming in his spare time.