Every one of us has aspirations, goals, dreams and aims in life and every one of us thinks about the future and makes plans and builds strategies regardless of age. From teenage onward, we dream to become better and achieve bigger objectives than what we are or what we have and this vision drives us forward and we set our resolutions every year to reach our goals in life that we have longed planed for.
It is so easy to get busy in the monotony of our everyday life that we tend to forget the vision we had in mind regarding our future. So, maybe it’s time to take a deep breath, stand still for a moment and recall what our vision of future was. What we aimed to achieve and how to get to that goal. Reconnecting with your goals is as important as your goals because sometimes we get distracted in our busy lives and every now and then we need a shove to bring us on track again.
Generally, to acquire the end result of our visionary goals, we should be happily following the resolutions of every year and the strategies thought and planned but if we start to dread it, that means we lose the vision of our dreams. We may be standing away from our originally planned path. This means you need to clear your mind to proceed towards progress.
The best way is to determine the causes of your de-routing and distraction from your vision. Once this checkup is done you need to distinguish what are the things you have learned over time and were persuasive enough to dwindle you from your vision. You might conclude you must revise your future vision. Go ahead. But then stick on it once and for all. Check in your heart and mind whether this satisfies your core values, mission, your learnings, your dreams and guides you towards your aspirations or not.
To build the right perspective, here are a few suggestive questions that can help you review your vision of life and future. You must ask yourself these questions:
1. What did I do to reach my objectives? Did I dwindle on the way or did I successfully completed my goals towards my destination?
2. What are the threats that have challenged me and found them difficult to manage on the path to my visionary goals?
3. Were there any helping strategies that have forced me to keep moving on the right path? Were there any motivations that helped me strive?
4. Am I on track towards my ultimate goal or not?
5. What steps should I take to advance my way to my vision? Because the way you reach to your life vision, also plays an important role.
6. Does my targeted objective caters to my skills and talents? Because you must devise your future goals wisely and especially keeping in view your personal talents.
There may be lot of other things to keep in check round the year but these are a few specific questions that can help your reach and reconnect to your future goals when you are a bit unfocused on your way to your personal success.
Here is a tip:
When you devise your goals, be specific. Mention and assume a time frame to complete a specific goal. This way you will not be unfocused and even when you will try to reconnect, you will know already where you stand. Have you achieved the goals of the months that are gone by or are you positive about achieving your objectives in the months to come?