Time and again, pumpkin – one of the most trendy of all the flavors – keeps to astonish and amaze with the unending measure of delectable treats got from it. From cheesecakes to breads to pies, there is truly no restriction on the flavorous manifestations fostered by this outstanding gourd. Only one sweet dessert can take the festival flavor to the higher level, while simultaneously terrifying potential supporters away with simply it’s fantastic look. Pumpkin cake is fluffy, moist and utterly scrumptious to eat. The tender, moist and delicate crumb of this cake is an absolute delight that can drool the taste buds. It is a healthy cake, therefore, it is perfect for elders too. If you are not a major pumpkin fan yet, then you will be surely after trying this! Many people are crazy about this cake because of its deliciousness and health-benefits. This cake is on the regular rotation during autumn season in many houses. Also, this cake is not excessively sweet, so there is no way to avoid that second helping!
What Makes Pumpkin Cake the Best?
The pumpkin cake basically reminds the super moist spice cake when it comes to its preparation, texture, simplicity and savour. The base of this fantastic cake is oil, eggs and pumpkin and hence you have assured a moist crumb. The best thing about this cake is that only 2 cups of pumpkin puree are required and you don’t have a leftover pumpkin puree residing in the fridge. When talking about flavor, it’s comfy cozy spice like cinnamon as well as pumpkin pie spice. In one single bite, there’s more pumpkin spice flavor-packed than in a complete pumpkin spice latte. Have a look at the healthy and delicious pumpkin cake recipe and bake for yourself. If you don’t have enough time to bake a stupendous and mouth-watering cake, you may prefer an online cake delivery service offered by different online cake portals. You will definitely get a delicious cake to your doorstep from an online cake store.
Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lubricate 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Whip the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon together in a bowl. Keep it aside, mix the oil, pumpkin, vanilla extract, brown sugar, eggs and granulated sugar together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix them using a mixer till entirely combined. The batter should be thick.
- Put batter into the pan and bake for at least 30-35 minutes. Baking time may vary so you should keep an eye on yours. To check whether the cake is adequately baked or not, take a toothpick and insert in the centre. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done. If you notice the edge of the cake is browning too rapidly in the oven, relatively cover it with the aluminium foil.
- Remove the cake from the oven and put the whole pan on a wire rack. Let it cool entirely. Put it into the refrigerator after 45 minutes to speed things up.
- Prepare the frosting: Whisk the cream cheese and butter together on high speed until smooth and creamy using a handheld mixer in a bowl. Add 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, salt and vanilla. Whip at low speed for 30 seconds. After that, switch to high flame and then beat for 2 minutes. Spread this frosting on the cooled cake and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving it. This enables to sets the frosting and makes the cake cutting much easier.
So, you can enjoy a delicious pumpkin cake by baking it yourself. You can also amaze your loved ones who are living far away from you. For instance, if you live in San Francisco and your parents live in another city, let’s say Los Angeles, you can order online and have a pumpkin cake delivered at their house, there are several options available for you in LA. It’s the same on the other side or the world. You can, for example order a cake in Bangalore to delight your loved ones who are living there. Or in Melbourne, or London. Every major city has at least one home delivery service for cakes and sweets.
Coming back to the pumpkin cake and its healthy benefits, it is rich in high amounts of vitamin A. Using the fresh ingredients brings a lot of deliciousness in the cake. The freshly prepared pumpkin puree can bring a lot of benefits to its savour. Pumpkin cake is best for the immune system also. Therefore, if you are seeking for a way to eliminate illness and enhance your or your loved one’s immune system, then you can never go wrong with a delectable pumpkin cake. You can without any doubt, go ahead with pumpkin cake. The large quantity of vitamin A offered by this fruit enables your body to fight against infections, viruses and diseases. Pumpkin cake is a luscious treat that can be served after the meals. So, enjoy a healthy pumpkin cake with your family, friends and relatives on holidays, occasions or parties. It is the best dessert to heighten the joy of any occasion.