The word “trend” can produce different feelings of uncertainty for businesses, especially when it comes to social media strategies. With so many social media strategy trends available out there, it’s easy for a business to get caught up in between fear and confusion.
It’s important for a business to stay ahead of the curve and the rest of the competitors. But you don’t really want your business to be wasting time and money on a marketing strategy that’s not going to work for you. So to help you set your business on the right track, we’ve put out a list of current modern trends that you can use for your social media marketing strategy.
1. There’s an increasing demand for videos
There’s been an increasing demand for videos in social media. If you check out Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, or Snapchat, you can clearly see that there’s been an increase in video content and video interaction. If you don’t believe this fact, here are some information that proves videos will give you success.
- More than 82% Twitter users watch videos every day
- YouTube users watch a billion hours worth of videos per day
- Facebook users watch 8 billion videos per day
Social media networks now support a variety of video formats, which allows anyone to upload any type of video content to the platform. It’s important to remember though that when you upload a video content to any social media platform, the video must be mobile-friendly.
- More than 60% of videos of YouTube viewers are mobile users while 90% of videos on Twitter are viewed on mobile devices.
- Since mobile video contents are gaining more attention than ever, you might want to try increasing your budget for mobile video creation for the next couple of months.
As popular as video contents can be these days, it’s still important to remember to create your own videos. Posting videos on social media that are not yours and without permission can lead to serious legal issues. You need to know more about copyright laws if you want to avoid this kind of legal mistake. Dickson Frohlich has business law attorneys that will help you understand and avoid social media marketing mistakes that could lead to legal trouble later on.
2. The “Stories”
Whether it’s Instagram stories, Facebook stories, or Snapchat stories; stories are so popular these days. In fact, almost all the social media giants have “Stories”.
- Whether, you’re on Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat, you will see the increasing popularity of “stories.” This is why other social media sites are also introducing their own “Stories” feature. YouTube, for instance, just launched their own version of stories called “Reels”. It is YouTube’s own version of Instagram stories, but they are designed exclusively for YouTube creators.
- Since almost all social media giants now have “Stories” and with the vast number of users who likes to use this feature every day, this is your time to start incorporating the power of this feature into your business marketing strategy as well.
3. The rise of chatbots
You may also want to consider the popularity of chatbots this year. Other brands will surely start to incorporate chatbots into their business’ daily operations, notably, for customer service.
- Chatbots have been around for about a decade now, but it was only this past couple of years that businesses began to use them for customer support and marketing strategies.
- Chatbots are mainly used for customer support. They are so reliable when it comes to answering customer service-related and FAQs questions, and assisting customers 24/7.
Be careful about designing your chatbots though. Your chatbot should cater to all types of audiences in mind. It should be able to provide good user experience and customer service for all audiences so no one will find your chatbot as difficult or unpleasant to use.
4. Collaborate with social media influencers
Working together with social media influencers can also benefit your business overall. With so many brands already using influencer marketing from last year, it’s safe to assume that the number of business collaborating with social media influencers will increase this year.
- Your business should also start investing in collaborating with social media influencers. The need for establishing good long-term partnerships with social media influencer is apparent when Rihanna, recently, criticized Snapchat for an offensive ad, which cost the social media giant $800 million.
- You’ll also likely to see more businesses investing more time on analyzing the credibility of their collaborations with influencers next year. You can’t just collaborate with any social media influencer out there; you also have to work with the authenticity of your relationship with your influencer. A consumer can quickly recognize a social media influencer who is simply in it for the money and are quick to comment on the credibility of your collaboration, which can damage both your business and the influencer’s reputation.
There are still so many modern trends that you can use for your business’ social media strategy. If you can strategically choose and incorporate these trends into your social media marketing strategy, you’ll be surprised at how many target audiences you can reach and interact with. Find out what works for you best and stick to it as long as it still trending.
About the author: Danielle Grate has a keen interest on writing about legal topics, which she expresses through her articles. She currently writes pieces on various law topics for the common reader. In her spare time she spends quality time cooking meals with her family and friends.