Suit jackets always look cool to wear to a party until someone spills a glass of red wine to it, or It gets stains because of foods or gets dusty, which is common. No one wants to take his suit to a dry cleaner after every other party. No matter how much you take care of your outfit, it is still a hassle because it costs too much to dry clean it. Here is a guide to washing your suit jacket quickly by yourself without damaging its color and fabric.
Clean Your Suit Jacket without Dry Clean & Washing Machine
It is a quick and effective method. But remember, this method only works for removing dirt, not stains. You don’t have to spend much time or money to clean your blazer because you need two tablespoons of cold water, one tablespoon of distilled white vinegar, and a suit cleaning brush.
- Take a suit cleaning brush and clean dust with it.
- Take one tablespoon of distilled white vinegar, and two spoons of cold water mix them in a bowl.
- Take a microfiber the cloth, Soak it into a mixture of cold water and white vinegar. Once cloth is wet clean surface of suit jacket to remove the dirt from it.
- Hang the suit on a wooden hanger for drying in a cool place for an hour.
- Apply perfume on the jacket to avoid smelling like vinegar once it is dry.
Clean Your Suit Jacket in Washing Machine
It sounds dangerous to wash your suit jacket in a washing machine. Because everyone knows it will ruin it. But if you follow my guidance thoroughly, you will get your suit cleaned without getting it damaged.
- First, you have to fold the jacket but not in a traditional way. You have to roll it from bottom to top as tightly as possible.
- Take a mesh bag put your jacket in it. Then roll the bag tightly. You can put a safety pin to prevent opening it. And put it in washing machine.
- Add one tablespoon of cleaning agent to your washing machine, the wool cleaning agent is recommended.
- Put your washing machine on the express cycle. You don’t need to put it on woolen or delicate.
- Then take your jacket out of the washing machine and put it on a big towel then gently roll it for few seconds to take out remove water from it.
- Put your jacket on a wreck in a natural position to avoid wrinkles in a cool place. After most of the moisture dried. Hang it on a wooden hanger which will keep it in more natural position.
- Once it is completely dried after couple of hours. Iron it and it will be ready for your next special occasion.
You can save a lot of money by following my instructions. If you are still afraid to try these tricks, then I suggest you try your older suits or you can try non-woolen suit jacket. It will be less risky for you for the first time.
About the author
I am Majid Fareed. I am a digital marketer and content writer for James Bond suits. I have years of experience in writing about Men Suiting, James Bond styles, Men fashion styles, and tips. I have published many blogs for my website, and I wrote a few blogs for Angel Jackets.