Hair transplantation is one of the most popular hair treatments. People who experience hair thinning usually go for hair transplant treatment. It is a surgical process and takes only a single sitting. Many people remain concerned about the hair transplant price before going for the treatment.
If you are concerned about the price too, then we’ve got you covered. Below we have listed the hair transplant prices in 2021.
How much does hair transplantation cost?
Hair transplantation costs depend upon a lot of things which is why the price is not the same for everyone. Therefore, it is recommended that you get an estimate from your surgeon, so you can see whether it’s in your budget or not.
A hair transplant usually costs at least £3000, so you should expect to pay that much. You should also remember that it is the price of one of the most basic packages. The more hair grafts you go for, the more you’ll have to pay.
- if you want to get 1000 grafts, you’ll have to pay £3358;
- if you want to get 1500 grafts, you’ll have to pay for £4832;
- if you’re going for 5000 grafts, you’ll have to pay £15,000.
However, the amounts mentioned above are only estimated and are subject to change depending upon the clinic. Therefore, it is recommended that you set a budget beforehand and then compare the prices offered by clinics.
Factors that determine the cost
There are many factors that determine the cost of the procedure aside from the hair grafts. Below are all of these factors:
- Transplantation technique: There are two types of techniques used by surgeons: Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) or Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). FUT deals with a skin graft, while FUE deals with hair follicles. Most people go for FUE as it helps prevent a large scar on the back of their head.
- Clinic’s location: The location of your clinic also plays a major role in determining the cost of the treatment. If the clinic you’re visiting is established in a highly reputed area, you’ll be paying relatively more. You should also calculate the cost of travel to determine the overall cost of the treatment.
- Availability of donor grafts: Donor grafts are the areas from where the hair follicles are extracted. If the surgeon is unable to extract the hair follicles from your head itself, the body hair will have to be used. Body hair extractions cost more than head extractions as they require more precision.
- Number of sessions: Usually, it takes only a single session for the hair transplantation process. However, if you’re going for more than 4000 drafts, you’ll need to go for more sessions than one. Consequently, you’ll have to pay more.
- Experience of the surgeon: The experience of the surgeon is also a significant factor in determining the cost of your procedure. The more experienced a surgeon is, the more you’ll need to pay.
When should you go for a hair transplant
There are different reasons why people go for a hair transplant. Below are some of these reasons:
- Hair thinning: Many people have thin hair; it may be due to hereditary or some other reason. If your thin hair is a matter of concern for you, you should definitely consider getting a hair transplant. The procedure can give your hair more volume and thickness. Moreover, if your career options require you to have beautiful, dense hair, then you should consider going for w hair transplant.
- Bald spots: Many people start losing hair in their early 30s or even earlier than that. As a result, there are several bald spots that can be found on their head. If you are troubled by these bald spots and find it unable to grow hair, you should consider getting a hair transplant. The procedure provides a natural appearance, so you’ll be able to get your previous looks back.
- Receding hairline: Receding hairline is another reason why hair transplantation is carried out. You shouldn’t get confused between receding hairline and maturing hairline; these are two different concepts. Aside from this, people who have large foreheads also go for hair transplantation.
Things to avoid after the treatment
There are several things that you need to avoid after you’ve got a hair transplant. Below are some of these things:
- Driving: Once you’ve gotten your hair transplant procedure done, you shouldn’t drive. Surgeons use anesthetic to numb your scalp, so the treatment remains painless. Consequently, you feel a bit dizzy, which is why you shouldn’t drive.
- Ignoring your medication: Do not ignore the prescription that is given to you by your surgeon. It can help you with any pain you might be experiencing and keep you safe.
- Sleeping flat: Keep your head elevated after your procedure. Sleeping flat can be painful for you, so avoid it completely.
- Scrubbing and showering: You should scrub your scalp after your treatment. It can be really painful and negatively affect the treatment.
- Hair dye: You shouldn’t dye your hair for some time after the treatment as dyes contain chemicals.