Businesses use Instagram across the globe for promoting their products. It helps them to reach out to targeted audience. Today, there are over 800 million users on Instagram. This mobile application is simple to download. The interface is easy. Businesses that do not use Instagram lose out on a targeted market of young people in the age group of 18 years to 30 years. However, is Instagram only for business marketing?
Online experts in the field of digital media say Instagram is more than marketing products in the market. It is a platform where professionals like graphic designers can promote themselves. Instagram is visual and graphic design is visual as well. If you are into graphic designing, you can build your portfolio on Instagram. You can reach out to people who are looking for you. However, merely having an account on Instagram is not enough if you are a graphic designer. The trick here is you must build a profile that is authentic. The profile has to be made accurately. This will help you to attract clients and expand your professional base.
How can graphic designers use Instagram for promoting their services?
Given below are simple tips to help you promote your graphic designing services on Instagram:
- Consistency – As mentioned above, Instagram is all about images. This means your photographs and images will communicate the core message. When a visitor sees your profile for the first time, he or she will look at the images you have posted. Now, the question is, do you post the same pictures on a similar theme or do you post different photos on different themes? Your promotion strategy on Instagram has to be consistent. If you are not consistent with the images you post on your profile, visitors will get confused. They will not understand your message. Every post you publish on your Instagram page must have a photo that communicates your core message. Allow visitors to understand who you are. This makes it simple for them to follow you.
- Story – Instagram is a powerful platform for story-telling. As a graphic designer, are you telling your audience the right story at the right time? The best part of Instagram is you do not need tons of words to tell your story to the targeted audience. You need to use some compelling images that are strong enough for you to tell a story to the audience. You can blend video and image to tell your story to the audience. If you are a new graphic designer and do not have any followers to your Instagram page, first buy them from Gram Blast. This will help you gather trust if you are new in the market.
- Edit your images – You are a graphic designer, and it is obvious that those looking for you will search for excellent photographs. You should edit your pictures to make the engaging and appealing to the targeted audience. They are looking for proper resolution. Use the best online editing tools and make your pictures stand out from the rest of your competitors. Use the right captions. Make sure you do not make spelling and grammar errors. Visitors are very particular about these small details. Make sure you read out your post to make sure there are no mistakes. Do not post images that are blurred. Remember, you are a graphic designer, and it is your primary task to make photographs look their best. Keep this fundamental point in mind when you are using Instagram to promote your services as a graphic designer.
- Create a business strategy – You need to make a business strategy as a graphic designer. You want the targeted customer to find you. Add your contact information and address. You should think like a businessman and develop a business strategy that will bring you more customers. Survey the market and know what your customers want and need. When you post images on Instagram, keep the needs and preferences of your business clients in mind. This will help you to reach out to them. When you successfully can reach out to them, you can expand your client base easily.
- Client interaction – Clients ask questions and often share their feedback. As a graphic designer, you should interact with your clients on Instagram. This helps you to give them the personal touch they seek. Always respond to feedback and comment. The more you converse with your clients, the more they start to trust and confide in you. You can even make some real friends on Instagram. Be prompt when it comes to replying. You can keep your targeted audience engaged with simple images and questions. You can ask your network what they think of an image you have posted. This will invoke a response, and you can start conversing. This gesture helps you to know more about your clients. You can easily ascertain what they are seeking. This helps you to deliver better. You can frame your posts. You can gain a competitive edge over your competitors in the market. Be regular and always talk to your clients.
Therefore, if you are a graphic designer and wish to promote yourself on Instagram, keep the above 5 points in mind. These points are simple for you to incorporate. Both new and professional graphic designers should post regularly. However, do not overwhelm your targeted audience with too many posts in a single day. Keep a post ready and ensure you invoke the desired response from your targeted audience. Create a strategy that is in tune with your services. Your business message should be communicated with clarity. Understand what your clients are looking for. Use the correct hashtags and captions. Do not post on Instagram if your clients are not able to find you. Use trending hashtags and if you are not sure on how to start, compare competitor Instagram pages to get an insight. Once you have picked up the art, start posting and promoting your work online!