Are you someone who browses social media and says “Why is everyone always traveling around the world and I cannot afford it?” Well, there could be 2 major reasons for it. You either don’t know how to travel efficiently, or you are buying way too many things you don’t need instead of saving money for the important things.
So, if you are looking for easy ways to help you travel more, then you are in the right place. We are here to share with you 6 tips that will help you travel the world on a budget.
6 Tips to travel more efficiently
- Get travel Coupons – You don’t have to pay huge amount of money on good hotels and flights, there are many great websites available that provide you great travel coupons. How does a coupon for free family fun upgrade sound? How about a free essentials upgrade? Or how about a Hilton MVP rate room with 20% discount? You can get all sorts of coupons from Coupon Dad. We always recommend checking this site before travel to get some great discounts.
- Use incognito mode in your browser – Always use an incognito window for booking your flight tickets. Make sure to clear your browser cookies and open flight booking websites in a private window. The reason for this is that websites track your browsing history so if you have looked at the prices before, they will bump up the prices. Click on the menu button of your browser and you will find an option of “Open new private window” or “New Incognito Window”.
- Use Hostels or Airbnb – Airbnb is a great website for finding the best places for when you want to travel in a budget. You can find great homestays with friendly hosts who will not just provide you accommodation at cheap prices but also help you out around the new destination. You can always take their opinion for planning out trips and to know which places to visit. They are much cheaper than hotels and totally worth the money you pay for.
Another way of finding cheap accommodation is by staying at a hostel. Yes, hostels are not as bad as they sound. They provide great accommodation and free breakfast, most of the time. And the best part of staying at a hostel is not to get cheap accommodation but to find awesome people who are backpacking too. You get to meet all these beautiful people and learn from their experience. Just be a little safe with your belongings. Always put everything in the locker before going out and you will be fine.
- Save your money by eating at home – A great way to save yourself money for traveling is by avoiding eating out. Always try to make your own lunch and dinner instead of buying it at a college or eating at restaurants. Every time you get an invitation to eat out, make a note of the amount of money you saved and transfer that amount to your savings account. You will be surprised how easily you can save money just by avoiding eating outside. Do this for a few months and you will have enough money to travel across Europe.
- Pack more efficiently – A well-packed bag is not just good for saving money, it can make your trip much more comfortable. If you are able to carry just as much that you can put it in a smaller bag, then you might be able to avoid paying for check-in baggage and save money. If you are traveling as a couple, put both your things in one big bag and use it on one of your tickets, while the other can save money on check-in baggage. One good trick to save backpack space is by rolling clothes instead of folding them. People always tend to carry much more than they need to and it just ends up being a huge burden. Remember, the lesser luggage you have, the more efficient your travel would be.
- Get a Tourist Discount Card – This might not be applicable for every place on earth, but if you have the option to use, you will save a few bucks. When you go to a retail store, ask if the store offers tourist discount cards. Tourist discount cards can get you a discount of up to 12%. You will have to show them your country ID (or out of state ID) and you will get the card. All big retail shops like Bloomingdales and Macy’s offers these cards.
These are the 6 tips that will definitely help you save money and have great travel experience. If you are someone who travels often, then share your thoughts with us on the comments below. Happy journey!