When you wake up, the very first thing you want to do after brushing your teeth is enjoying a cup of coffee. When you go out and see coffee shops, you get a sudden craving. Coffee contains caffeine and somehow it keeps you going!
Coffee lovers are spread everywhere around the world. It is hard to find anyone who is not a huge fan of coffee. But, a common question that might occur in the mind of a coffee fan is whether coffee can help in losing weight. Well, if it can it would be great news! Let’s find out.
Coffee and Losing Weight
Researchers at the University of Nottingham have good news for people who like coffee. According to their study, coffee can assist in stimulating the brown fat in the body. Basically, this brown fat can generate heat in the body by burning the calories.
When you consume excess calories, there is white fat in your body. However, brown fat is different and is mostly in people with lower Body Mass Index.
Professor Michael Symonds had co-directed the study and was of the view that coffee can have an impact on the brown fat as there was a test done on a person who just had a cup of coffee. There are more studies to be conducted in order to reach a solid conclusion. But, for now, it would be safe to say anything in moderation including coffee would be beneficial. However, it is important for you to keep in mind that anything that exceeds a certain level has the ability to create a negative impact. Follow a certain balance.
Losing Weight Safely With Coffee
In order to safely reduce some weight with coffee, consider the following:
Healthy Consumption Of Coffee
- Make sure you are drinking coffee in moderate amounts.
- Just a cup or two would be enough for the day. A single cup of coffee that has no sugar would contain around two calories.
- Consider having coffee at fixed timings.
- A cup of coffee in the morning and another in the evening can be enough.
- Make sure it is not affecting your sleep.
- Make sure you are indulging in a balanced diet.
- Consume diet rich in essential vitamins and minerals.
- Make sure you are consuming the proteins and fats that are essential.
- With a balanced diet, you can combine two cups of coffee in a day.
- You can add decaf if you like coffee too much.
- A diet that contains all the essential nutrients would assist you in keeping healthy.
- In order to lose weight, you have to adjust your calorie intake. You can go for portion control.
- You have to keep an eye on the number of calories you are consuming every day. If you consume more calories, you would put on some weight. However, if you consume fewer calories you would shed some weight. But, in any case, you should maintain a healthy and balanced diet. The recommended calorie intake for women is 2000 whereas for men it is 2500. However, depending on age and other factors it can vary.
- You should exercise every day when trying to lose weight along with coffee consumption.
- Walking is the simplest form of exercise that everyone can do.
- When consuming coffee for weight loss, don’t forget to consume water.
- Nothing can replace the benefit of water consumption. Make sure you are taking the recommended dosage of water every day.
- Don’t dehydrate yourself as drinking water can also assist you in the journey of weight loss.
Other Benefits Of Coffee Consumption
Below are some of the benefits of coffee consumption:
- Drinking coffee can suppress your diet. Thus, you would be consuming fewer calories in comparison. It sounds logical since you would be consuming fewer calories, you are likely to lose some weight.
- You can consume more coffee by trying a decaf instead of a regular coffee cup. This would be ideal if you like coffee too much!
- Coffee can stimulate thermogenesis. Thus, coffee can be beneficial when you are focusing on a workout as your body would be able to burn more calories.
- Although the research by the University of Nottingham is relatively new and there had been few people in the study, it still gives some hope. In fact, it would assist in understanding the importance of coffee with respect to fighting obesity.
Finding The Best Coffee
There are a variety of coffee products and brands available in the market. However, you should find the best coffee beans. Make sure you know how to make a good coffee and for that you need to have the right equipment. You should also be aware of the coffee-making process or use a really good machine for this purpose.
You can search for the best coffee in the cafe near you. However, it would be costly and if you are trying to shed some weight it would be a good idea to make the coffee at home so you would know how much sugar to consume.
Qavashop Kuwait is a website that sells home use coffee equipment and beans in Kuwait. You can order coffee from this website and fulfill those cravings while losing some weight!
It appears that anything in moderation can have a positive impact on your health and life. However, if you go crazy with the dose, it is definitely not a great idea. If you are planning to shed some weight, make sure you are consuming a healthy and balanced diet so that you don’t lose the essential vitamins and minerals. Make sure your diet is rich in proteins and fats too! With all these precautions you can add two cups of coffee every day or if you like coffee too much, decaf would be a good idea. It would be best to discuss your diet plan with a nutritionist or your family doctor especially if you are diabetic.